Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day Two of This Week's Deals, and Trip Two for Me!


It's official...my couponing is back in full swing!  Things slowed down for a bit there, but you know I'm back when I make trips two days in a row to Shaw's!  I have learned a lot through last week's trip as well as last night's when it comes to the Gotta Love Great Deals (GLGD), Bonus Web Exclusive Savings and Limited Time Offers.  Today, I had a unique need for my shopping, a party!  I made stuffed bread for a family party so I needed cheese and a few deli meats.  These are NOT items a couponer likes to buy, but the coupon gods were with me!  Check out the details!!!

Limited Time Offer, Special K Cereal
Regularly $3.99
LTO Price $1.88
Used  $.70/1 Special K Coupon, doubled
Final Price only $.48!!!


GLGD Items, I got five so I could use the Bonus Web Exclusive Savings Coupon

Pepsi 2-Liter
Regularly $1.79
Sale Price $1.25

2 Fiber One Chewy Bars
Regularly $3.79
Sale Price $2.50
Used 2 $.60/1 Fiber One Chewy Bars Coupons, doubled
Final Price $1.30 each, only $2.60 for both!

2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
Regularly $2.99
Sale Price $1.67
Used $.85/2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks Coupon, doubled
Final Price $1.64 for both, only $.82 each!

Bonus Web Exclusive Items

Essential Everyday Shredded Cheese, 16 oz
Regularly $5.49
Sale Price $4.99
Used $1.50/1 EE Product Coupon
Final Price $3.49

Wild Harvest Organic Animal Crackers
Priced at $2.19
Used $2.00/1 WH Product Coupon
Final Price $.19


Culinary Circle Pizza
Regularly $5.49
Sale Price $4.99
Used $2.50/1 CC Product Coupon
Final Price $2.49 
I usually like to use these coupons to pick up free or almost free products, but this one was for my husband :-)

Equaline Shampoo
Priced at $2.99
Used $2.50/1 Equaline Product Coupon
Final Price $.49

In order to get the Limited Time Deal, I did need to make sure my total was at least $10 after all other promotions and coupons.  This wasn't hard to do considering the deli items I needed.  I'm also trying to take advantage of the BOGO sale on Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers this week in the most efficient way possible.  Rather than buying 12 at once like I usually do, I'm planning several small trips, all of which will include a $4/$25 Email Savings Coupon.  I LOVE coupons for a dollar amount off your total purchase; they make me feel like I'm using a coupon on something I would otherwise never get one for, like Goldfish Crackers!  This is also great when getting produce, meat or dairy products.

Margherita Deli Meats (Pepperoni, Salami and Prosciutto)
They came to $3.50, $3.77 and $4.50 for a total of $11.77
Now, I didn't choose this brand, it's just what they had for what I needed
I was in luck though, because there were coupons on the counter for $1 off any Margherita deli item!  This brought my deli total down to only $8.77

4 Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers
Priced at $2.39 each
On Sale Buy One Get One Free
Final Price $4.78 for all four, only $1.19 each!


Total Retail Value $56.83
Total after sales and coupons $26.18
I used my $4/$25 Email Savings Coupon, bringing my total down to $22.18
That's a savings of $30.65 or 54%.  While it's not that impressive percentage wise, I was able to get some unexpected savings on the deli items I needed.  I still met my standing goal of at least 50% savings, despite these less than couponer-friendly items!

No comments:

Post a Comment