Saturday, January 5, 2013

Money Saving Marathon!


After a great deal of planning, educating and calculating, I headed out WITH the family tonight for some great deals!  This week's Shaw's sales are a bit complicated, and there are many deals which require that you purchase certain other items or have a certain total outside the deals.  Confusing, right?  Well, hopefully seeing it in action will be the best way to understand!

Tonight's excursion involved three stores; Shaw's, CVS and Hannaford.  Let's start with the smaller trips!

CVS

2 CVS Brand Diapers
Regularly $9.29 each
On Sale Buy One Get One 50% off
I also had a coupon from the Magic Coupon Machine from a couple of weeks ago
This brought my total to $12.94
I had $13.00 in ECB, $10 from my last diaper deal and $3 from my fall spending quarterly ECB's.  I paid only the remaining tax of $.48!!!
I usually like to keep my ECB's "rolling", meaning if I use them, I like to get just as many back.  I did use all of them on this trip, but I just redeemed my Swagbucks points for a $10 CVS gift card so I'm not that upset.  Plus, I basically got free diapers, who would ever be upset about that?!?!?!?!

Hannaford

Gallon of Whole Milk $3.92
I had a $3.00 Catalina from the DiGiorno deal last week
Final Price only $.92!!!

Now, you can see from these two trips it pays to earn rewards.  One of my coupon philosophies is that I don't credit myself with any of my on-your-next-order (OYNO) earnings until I USE them.  The diapers for example, I purchased $30 worth of Huggies and Pampers products a couple of weeks ago.  After coupons and ECB's my OOP (out of pocket) was $10 and I earned another $10.  Now, some couponers will say the diapers were "FREE" because I left with just as much as I spent.  They were not free, because I paid $10 for them.  I am now getting free diapers because I'm using my OYNO savings!

Now, for the big one!!!

Shaw's

Limited Time Offers (LTO) (Friday - Monday) and you must have a total after all other sales and coupons of at least $10 to get these great prices!

5 lb Box of Clementines (Limit 2)
Regularly $6.99
LTO Price $3.99
I used a $1/1 Store Coupon from this week's Email Only Coupons
Final Price $2.99

2 Pepsi 2-Liters (Limit 2)
Regularly $1.79
LTO Price $.88
Final Price $1.76 for both

4 Whole Grain Cheerios (Limit 4)
Regularly $4.99
LTO Price $1.88
I used 4 $.85/1 Whole Grain Cheerios Coupons, doubled
Final Price only $.18 each, just $.72 for ALL FOUR!!!
As if that wasn't a good enough deal, I will get a $.75 credit in my SavingStar account making this a $.03 MONEY MAKER!!!!!!  I know what you're thinking, I just gave you a whole lecture about not counting your money saving chickens before they hatch.  SavingStar is different, because they actually give you back money after the fact.  Once I get to a total of $5.00 in my account, they deposit it into my checking account, so this really is savings in my pocket, not rewards to be used the next time I shop!

2 Scott Paper Towels (Limit 2)
Regularly $9.99
LTO Price $5.88
I used 2 $.75/1 Scott Paper Towels Coupons, doubled*
Final Price $8.76 for both!

Now for some more great deals...

4 Chex Mix
Regularly $2.69
Sale Price $1.50
Used 4 $.60/1 Chex Mix Coupons, doubled
Final Price $.30 each, only $1.20 for all four
Plus I will get a refund of $.50 from SavingStar bringing my final OOP to only $.70!

Fresh Express Salad
Regularly $2.49 
Sale Price 50% off, or $1.24
I used the $1/1 Fresh Express Coupon from this week's Email Only Coupons
Final Price $.24!

2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
Regularly $2.99 each
Sale Price $1.67 each
Used 1 $.85/2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks Coupon, doubled
Final Price $1.64
Plus, I will get a refund of $.50 from SavingStar brining my final OOP to only $1.14!

Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Regularly $5.49 each
On Sale Buy One Get One Free
I used 2 $1/1 Barber Foods Product Coupons
Final Price $8.98, only $2.24 per box!  Between these and the lettuce, this is the cheapest healthy dinner ever!

Diamond Crystal Salt Sense (Lower Sodium Salt)
Priced at $1.15
I used a $.35/1 Salt Sense Coupon, doubled
Final Price $.45
Plus, I will get a refund of $.35 from SavingStar bringing my final OOP to only $.10!

2 Pantene Hair Gels
Regularly $4.23 each
Reduced to Clear by 50% to $2.11
I used the $3/2 Pantene Products from this month's P&G Insert
Final Price $1.22 for both, only $.61 each

Aussie Curl Sprunch Hairspray
Regularly $3.39
Reduced to Clear by 50% to $1.69
I used the $1/1 Aussie Product coupon from this month's P&G Insert
Final Price $.69

2 Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurts
Regularly $.99 each
Sale Price $.50
I used 2 $.30/1 Yoplait Lactose Free Coupons, doubled
Final Price FREE plus $.20 OVERAGE!!!

The other confusing part of this week's promotions are the Web Exclusive Savings on their four major store brands.   There are four high-value coupons on their website, each of which require that you purchase five of the "Gotta Love Great Deals" items.  The full selection of items included are on page three of the circular.  The most confusing part is whether or not you need to buy five items for each of the four coupons, for a total of 20.  That is NOT the case, which Dan confirmed on their Facebook page.  You need to buy five participating items in order to use all four of the coupons!!!  Here's what I got!

Wild Harvest Tortilla Chips $1.99
I used the $2.00 off any Wild Harvest Product Coupon
Final Price FREE!!!

Essential Everyday Chocolate Syrup $1.89
I used the $1.50 off any Essential Everyday Product Coupon
Final Price $.39 

Culinary Circle BBQ Chicken Pizza for One $2.69
I used the $2.50 off any Culinary Circle Product Coupon
Final Price $.19

Equaline Lotion $2.49
I used the $2.50 off any Equaline Product Coupon
Final Price FREE!!!

Drumroll Please..........

Total Retail Value $138.24
I also used a $4 off $25 Shaw's Email Savings Club Coupon
This brought my total OOP for the night down to $24.33
That's a savings of $113.91...82%!!!!!!!!

*Disclaimer: This coupon says "May Not Be Doubled" so the store has every right to reverse it.  Also, different Shaw's locations have different computer software which may or may not limit the doubling to the sale price.

No comments:

Post a Comment