Friday, June 1, 2012

This Week's Keys to Healthy Couponing!

I mentioned earlier this week on Facebook that I am couponing with a new goal in mind; dieting!  This means tons of fresh produce and protein.  These are the first foods to go from your weekly list when you start taking couponing seriously, but I am determined to still save at least 50% each time out.  

I plan on doing this by picking and choosing my diet foods based on sales and the few coupons I can find for the things I need.  I will also "pad" each trip with some freebies and other great deals.  Another benefit to spending a little more on groceries is I can use my $5 off $50 Recyclebank coupons each week.  In my mind, this is a coupon for the things I don't have coupons for!

Every week I will fill you in on some great deals on healthy foods.  Here they are for this week!

I can't tell you how excited I am about the pick 4 meat deal this week.  My choice is the Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breasts and Strips.

Regular Price $8.99 each
Pick 4 for $19.99
Use 4 $1.10/1 Tyson Grilled and Ready Coupons (need access to two computers)
or 4 $1/1 Tyson Grilled and Ready Coupons from the 5/13 SS
Final Price as low as $3.90 each...that's a savings of 57%!!!

One of our favorite coupons lately has been the $.75 off any Earthbound Organic produce coupon...so what are you waiting for?  Head on over HERE and sign up for their Organic Step Forward program.  Every day, you will receive an email with a new step towards living a healthier, more organic life.  Every three days or so, the step will be a coupon.  You can also access past days' steps, so the coupons are available at all times.

This week, 2-pound bags of Earthbound Organic Carrots are on sale for $.99, making them free after the coupon doubles.  Some other options which do vary by store and even by day are celery, iceberg lettuce and ready to eat peeled carrots.  Definitely keep one of these with you every time you head to the store!

Depending on what your healthy eating strategy is, you can also make good use of the coupon book currently in stores.  There are several coupons inside, including my favorite $1/1 Everyday Essential product coupon.  I used this to buy a block of cream cheese for only $.79.  Originally, only Shaw's brand dry goods were being replaced by the new EE brand, but it is taking over the whole store bringing so many more ways to use this great store coupon!

There are also some great health-conscious coupons available on SavingStar to load to your store card.  My favorites are Yoplait Yogurt and Lean Cuisine.  

Happy Healthy Saving! 


No comments:

Post a Comment