Sunday, June 24, 2012

Eating Well Never Felt So Good...For My Wallet!!!


I think I speak for us all when I say I was excited for a week with the potential for two great cereal deals, both Kellogg's and General Mills.  Well, I didn't go for either!  The General Mills Promotion for a free gallon of milk WYB 4 boxes of select varieties at $11 is still intriguing, so we will see what the rest of the week brings.  If I get better coupons, I may end up going for it.  As for the Kellogg's sale of $1.99 each WYB 4, I may go for the Special K Crackers in that case, not the cereals since the Krave and Crunchy Nut varieties are not included, and those are the only ones with really great coupons out right now.  


With that out of the way, we can focus on what I did get!


4 Bags of Lay's Potato Chips (you're welcome hun) BOGO at $4.29 each
Used 2 $.55/1 Lay's Potato Chips Coupons (one mfgr coupon per BOGO promotion)
These coupons have the new barcode and are programmed to not double :-(
Final Price $7.48, only $1.87 each


2 Fresh Express Salad Blends at $1 each, regularly priced at $1.89!


Bananas, $.95
I had my four year old with me and he belongs to the Shaw's Kids Club
He used his own special coupon for a free banana
The max value of the coupon is $1, so we got all of the bananas for FREE!!!


Earth Bound Organic Carrots $.99
Used $.75/1 Earth Bound Organic Product, doubled to the regular price of $1.29
Free plus $.30 overage!


2 pounds of Green Grapes at $1.99 a pound, regularly $3.99 a pound


Bunch Celery $1, regularly $1.59


2 pound bag of yellow onions $1.79, not a sale price, but still a great deal for five onions!


4 HyDrive Energy Drinks at $1 each
Used 4 $.55/1 HyDrive Coupons from a gas station tear pad, doubled
FREE plus $.40 overage!!!


2 Pepperidge Farms Baked Natural Cheddar Crisps $2.99 each
Used $1/1 Peelies on each bag
Final Price $3.98,  $1.99 each
These are my new substitute for potato chips!


4 Tribe Hummus at $2.50 each
Used 4 $1/1 Tribe Hummus Coupons
Final Price $6, only $1.50 each


Essential Everyday Ketchup $1.49
Used $1/1 EE Product Coupon from the Shaw's Sizzlin' Summer Coupon Book (in stores)
Final Price $.49


Gerber Rice Cereal $2.19
Used $1/1 Gerber Cereal Catalina Coupon from a previous purchase at Hannaford
Shaw's will accept competitors' manufacturer's coupons which are for a specific amount off a particular product!
Final Price $1.19


Full Retail Price $65.12
Total after store promotions and manufacturer's coupons as $27.21
I had Catalinas for $5 and $1.25 from previous purchases
My total OOP was only $20.96, that's a "healthy" 68% savings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment