Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chicken a la Coupons!


I was determined to put together a great family dinner tonight, and I realized half way through, every ingredient I was using was either free or incredibly cheap thanks to coupons!

Here's the list:

Package of three chicken breasts, bought at Shaw's the last time they had a BOGO deal.  If you recall, this was a while ago.  I always buy at least six packages and freeze most or all of them.  The cost per package was right around $3.50.

This was my first time using the new Philadelphia Cooking Cream.  I stacked a BOGO with a $1/1 coupon to get this for FREE!

The Veggies are two boxes of Green Giant Healthy Vision with the steaming bag.  These were on sale for $1 each, plus I had a coupon for $1/3 so two boxes totaled $1.33.

The pasta is Essential Everyday Ziti from Shaw's.  Sale price two weeks ago was only $.88, minus the $1/1 EE product coupon from the Holiday Coupon Book (in stores), made the pasta FREE!!!

I topped it all off with a sprinkle of Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese.  These were on sale two weeks ago at Shaw's 2/$4, plus I had a coupon for $.55/1 which doubled for a final cost of only $.90 per bag!!!

The final cost for dinner for three plus three servings of left-overs was less than $5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment