Saturday, December 3, 2011

Target at the Holidays...I must be crazy!

If I'm crazy, then so is my husband, because he came with me for this one!!!

My goal was to spend less out of pocket than the diapers alone were priced at.  I cheated a little by using a store credit from a return of $12.60, but I succeeded!  The key here was coupon stacking.  I love that Target has so many Store Printable Coupons.  These are TRUE store coupons, so you can use one store and one manufacturer coupon per item.  Almost every item I bought involved stacked coupons!

Johnson and Johnson/Red Cross Travel First Aid Kits, priced at $.97 each, used (3) $1/1 J&J or Red Cross product from the 11/6 SmartSource, all three were free!

Keebler Crackers, Price cut to $2.50 each, which is a typical sale price at Shaw's.  I used (2) $1/2 Target Web Coupons stacked with (2) $1/2 Manufacturer Coupons.  Mine came from a Keebler Coupon Book I found at Shaw's.  I have been seeing these coupons taped to boxes of crackers every time I go shopping.  Some stores will put the coupon books out for you to take, while others will cut the coupons out and attach them to the products, trying to appeal to your impulsive side.  I grab them and wait for a deal like this one!

Huggies, I used (2) $2/1 48+ Target Web Coupons with (2) $3/1 Manufacturer Coupons.  One I found taped to a box at Shaw's, the other was from last week's Wal-Mart insert in the Sunday paper.  Each was priced at $19.79, and I paid $14.79.  To put this into perspective for any non-parents out there, usually a 32-36 count bag of diapers is priced at $10.99, these have 66 and 72 per package!!!

I was VERY excited about the deal on wrapping paper.  I usually guy mine at the dollar store, and the rolls are very small.  I have also found that when they are opened up the prints tend to have irregularities and discolorations.  These are extra-wide "premium" rolls according to Target, priced at $3 each.  I stacked a $1/1 Dora or Spongebob Holiday Item Target Coupon with a manufacturer's $1/1 Dora or Spongegob Wrapping Paper American Greetings Coupon.  The manufacturer's coupon does say Wal-Mart on it, which made the cashier pause for a moment, but as long as it says Manufacturers' Coupon at the top, you can use it everywhere.  Each roll was only $1!!!

The best deal of the day was the Coffee Mate Creamer.  I used a $1/3 Target Web Coupon stacked with a $1/1 manufacturer's coupon I spotted at Shaw's a few weeks ago.  Any time you see these on the shelves while shopping, grab a few, you never know when they will come in handy!  Each bottle was priced at $1.54, down to $.54 after manufacturer's coupon, and a total of $.62 for all three!!!

My total after coupons was $42.39
I used my $12.60 store credit for a total of $29.79 out of pocket...less than the diapers, yay!!!

I also had the $10 Gift Card with $50 Purchase Coupon (this ends today, so hurry on over there if you plan to use it) so I got $10 back.  There is no mention on the coupon of whether the $50 total is before or after coupons, I love that!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment