Saturday, April 7, 2012

Got Crackers? I Do Now, and I'm Going Back for More!


Tonight was a great night at Shaw's.  I did my happy dance after this one!


One lesson I have learned about this week's cracker deal is that the included products are quite varied.  The signs in the aisle say 4/$10, and each one does ring up at $2.50.  Once there are four in the register, each one is reduced by an additional $.50.  Both the Cheez-it and Special K crackers worked just fine.  I also noticed that the Keebler Club Crackers are marked the same way in the aisle.  I didn't attempt the deal with them because the ad states "Kellogg" crackers.  However the receipt lists the additional $.50 savings as "Kellogg/Keebler Savings".  I guess it's back to Shaw's I go!!!


Here are tonight's deals:


4 Cheez-It Crackers, 4/$8 (must buy 4)
Used 4 $.70/1 Cheez-It Coupons, doubled
Final Cost $2.40 for all 4!


4 Special K Cracker Chips, 4/$8 (must buy 4)
Used 4 $.70/1 Special K Cracker Chips, doubled
Final Cost $2.40 for all 4!


McCormick Recipe Inspirations 10/$10
Used 4 $.75/1 McCormick Spice, Herb, Extract or Food Color from 3/25 RP
Final Price FREE plus $2.00 overage!
You may be wondering how I managed to get overage when Shaw's coupon policy doesn't allow it.  This is the PERFECT example:


Regular Price $1.89
Sale Price $1.00
Coupon Value $.75, doubled is $1.50
The computer is programmed to limit the value of any coupon to the price of the item.  The price that it recognizes is the regular price, not the sale price.  So, the coupon will double up to the regular price, in this case allowing $.50 of overage for each item purchased.


Newman's Own Diet Virgin Lemonade 2/$4
Used 2 $.75/1 Newman's Own Diet Virgin Lemonade Coupons, doubled (use 04102)
Final Price $.50 each!


4 Philadelphia Cream Cheese BOGO, priced at $2.50 each
Used 2 $.40/2 (DND) Philadelphia Cream Cheese Coupons from the Jell-O Recipe Book, check your store for a display! 
Final Cost $4.20 for all 4


2 Tribe Hummus at $1.99
No coupon, just a favorite of mine!


Baby Basics Little Puffs, $1.59
$1.50 added to my Saving Star account for purchasing a Baby Basics Snack Item
Final Cost $.09


Now, if you're thinking this goes against my policy of not crediting myself for future savings at the time they are earned, this is different.  The way Saving Star works is that your account is actually credited for the amount of the "coupon" loaded on your store card.  Once I have at least $5 in my account, I request a PayPal transfer, then deposit the amount in my bank account.  This truly will be cash in my pocket.  In fact, this week I received $9.40 in cash back!


6 Coke Products (hubby requested soda, and he was in luck!) 10/$10
Used 2 $.50/3 Coke 2-Liters, doubled (these say Exclusively at Family Dollar, but it is a manufacturer's coupon)
Final Cost $4, only $.66 each
Anything under $1 is my stock up price for soda!


Total Retail Value $68.77
Preferred Savings $28.20
Coupons, including doubled and Saving Star $24.50
Total OOP $16.07, a savings of 77%!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment