Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Freebie Challenge: Day 2

Tonight's trip felt like the good old days...when we needed milk and I would develop a whole scheme of free items to "pad" the pain of needing to buy a non-coupon item.  My second freebie day went great, thanks to a little help from the Shaw's coupon policy.  I LOVE that we can now use internet coupons for free products at the discretion of management.  My store knows me, and knows they can trust me.  Paired with the fact that they have been better educated on the signs of fraudulent coupons, this is a major event for us crazy couponers!

Here we go!!!

2 Ocean Spray $3.19 each, BOGO
Used 2 BOGO Ocean Spray Cherry Coupons (watch the video to print the coupon)
All 4 FREE!!!!!

Ocean Spray Craisin Snack Packs $3.19
The coupon scanned for $3.25 (the max value)
Overage of $.06  
Had I noticed, I would have said something, but this late at night I was bagging my own groceries.  I hesitate to do that because I like to keep an eye on the coupons, but I had calculated my total and I wasn't going to argue with it being $.06 lower than expected!

Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles $1
Used $1/1 Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles Coupon (limit one per person)
FREE

2 Stove Top Stuffing, 2/$3
Used 2 $.55/1 Peelies (I found these at Hannaford assuming there wouldn't be any at Shaw's and I'm glad I did...none of the boxes had any!)
Coupons doubled, total cost for both boxes was $.80
PLUS, FREE Kraft BBQ Sauce WYB 2 Stove Top Stuffings

BeechNut Rice Cereal $2.29 (regular price, ouch)
Paid $.79

Half Gallon of Milk $2.49


Total after Manufacturer's Coupons $4.22 (including bottle deposits for juices)
Used $3 Catalina from Kraft Promotion
Paid $1.22!!!

My total OOP this week for this and my first day of shopping is only $2.77!!!

The only downside is that apparently spending NO money at Shaw's doesn't qualify you for any of the new store Catalinas...oh well, free is fun either way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment