Monday, January 16, 2012

Meat Monday at Hannaford!


Now, I didn't plan it this way, but my lack of protein problem is a problem no more!

Today was the last day to use the Thank You for Giving Coupon Book, so I made a rare Monday trip to Hannaford.  I grabbed a dozen eggs, priced at $2.19, minus my $1 coupon, making them only $1.19!

I also used the $1 off any meat department purchase to snag some ground beef for only $1.69.  I paced in front of the deli counter for a few minutes trying to decide how to use my $2 off any deli item coupon, and landed on red hot dogs...my husband's favorites.  They are priced at $3.99 per pound, I asked for half a pound, and they came to exactly $2, so they were free!!!

This week's myHannaford promotion is a $1 produce coupon whenever you scan your myHannaford card.  I planned to use mine for some free lettuce since the Fresh Express Garden Blends are on sale for $1.  Apparently many other people in Windham had the same idea, and they were all out.  Instead I found the smallest bunch of green grapes I could, which came to $1.55.  After my coupon, I only paid $.55.


As I headed towards the dairy case to get my eggs, I noticed a hand-written sign.  This always means great savings at Hannaford, because it's not planned.  This time, it was sausage!  These are Old Neighborhood Italian Sausages, regularly priced at $3.99, marked down to $.99 because they have use by dates of 1/18.  I grabbed three...two to freeze, one for dinner tomorrow night!

My total came to $6.40, plus I earned another $1 off produce coupon.  I will head back tomorrow, grab some green and red peppers, and make Stuffed Bell Peppers with Sausage and Rice...YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment