Sunday, January 8, 2012

Super Sunday Savings!!!

Phew, I am tired!  Here are a few reasons why...

My first stop today was at Hannaford.  After last night's success, there were a few deals I just had to make again!  I picked up 28 more Beech Nut Stage 2 foods using 7 more $1.10 off 4 coupons.  Wondering how I got so many?  Well, these particular coupons have been very popular lately, and they re-set often.  I have to admit, I used a few that expired on the 3rd, but that's something I have learned about printed coupons; they work past the expiration date!

28 Beech Nut Baby Foods, sale price $.55 each (regularly $.88 each)
Used 7 $1.10 off 4
Final Price $7.70
Plus, I earned a $4 Catalina...this is why I chose Hannaford as my first stop!  Since these are manufacturer's coupons, they are accepted everywhere.  Keep reading to see how this was used!

my essentials Cheddar Lions $1.67
Used $1/1 coupon from the Thanks for Helping Coupon Book
Final Price $.67

Hormel Ham (deli) on sale $3/lb
I got as close to $2 worth as possible at $2.07
Used $2 off any Deli Item Coupon
Final Price $.07

Ground Beef $3.13
I found the smallest package I could and used the $1 off any meat department item coupon
Final Price $2.13

Total before discounts and coupons $31.51
Total paid $10.77, a savings of 67%!!!
Plus Received $4 Catalina for purchasing Beech Nut products!


My next stop was Walmart, and it was a small but successful trip!

The Holiday clearance is now up to 75% off, so the Sweet Tart Candy Canes are down to $.50 each.  I grabbed six and used three $1/2 Wonka Candy Canes (no longer available) coupons to get all of them for free!

Speaking of freebies...

Reach Floss, $.97 Free after $1/1 Reach Floss Product coupon, plus $.03 overage each!
KY (don't judge, it's all about the overage), $2.84 each, used $3/1 KY Product Coupon, free plus $.16 overage each!
Rayovac Flashlights with batteries, $1 each, used $1/1 Rayovac battery coupon (like on Facebook), all 4 FREE!!!!

For those of you keeping track, at this point I haven't paid for anything and have a total of $.44 in overage.  I grabbed four Puffs Plus with Vicks, priced at $1.47 each.  I used 4 $1 off any Vicks Product from the 1/1 P&G insert.

Total cost for the tissues was $1.88
After overage my total was $1.44
Tax $1.12
Total OOP $2.56!!!

My last and largest stop was at Shaw's:


Most of these deals can be found in this week's Shaw's Match-up.  Here are the additions:

2 six-packs of torpedo rolls in the discount bakery section, $1 each
Hebrew National Hot Dogs, priced at $5.49, manager's special $3 coupon on the package, paid $2.49
Egg Rolls from the Deli, priced at $2.28, manager's special $1 coupon, paid $1.28 for two

One word of warning, this is the first time in five or six trips that the cashier manually reversed the doubling of my Mueller's Pasta $.55/1 coupon.  It seemed as though she was aware of these doubling despite the language on the coupon stating they should not double.  This made me think...off to the Shaw's Facebook page I go to ask Dan a question!

My favorite deal of the day was the 12 free Nabisco Crackers I got!  The $3/3 Nabisco Products coupon from today's SmartSource worked on the single serves just as I hoped!

In the end...

Total before sales and coupons $118.31
Preferred Savings $27.78
Coupons $53.70 (including doubling)
Used a total of $9 in Catalinas ($4 from today's Hannaford trip, $3 from Last Night's Hannaford trip, and $2 from last week's Shaw's trip)
Final OOP $27.83
Savings of 77%, yay!!!

Everything from all three stores totaled $41.15!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment