Saturday, January 14, 2012

Budget-Conscious Breakfast!


One of my first posts was a real example of how you can put together a great meal for your family using free or cheap products.  In that post, I created Chicken a la Coupons.  Today, I realized again that I was making a meal entirely out of products which were incredibly inexpensive thanks to coupons.

My three year old LOVES making "Special Pancakes".  We started with his name, then he said we should make some for Daddy, and the always reliable Mickey Mouse Pancakes.  I had these at Disney a few years ago and immediately thought..."I can do that!"  All you need is a turkey baster and a few inexpensive items!

In the Mix:

Hannaford my Essentials Pancake Mix $2.29
Used $1/1 my Essentials Pancake Mix Coupon from the Thank You for Giving Coupon Book
Paid $1.29

Smart Balance Milk $3.69 at Shaw's (often on sale for $2.99)
Used $.75/1 Smart Balance Milk, which doubled
Paid $2.19

One Dozen my Essentials Large White Eggs $1.99
Used $1/1 my Essentials Eggs from the Thank You for Giving Coupon Book
Paid $.99

Top it Off!

Hannaford my Essentials Pancake Syrup $2.49
Used $1/1 my Essentials Pancake Syrup Coupon from the Thank You for Giving Coupon Book
Paid $1.49

Land O Lakes Butter, recent Shaw's Sale Price $2.99
Used $.75/1 LOL Butter Coupon, doubled
Final Price $1.49 for 4 Sticks!

Total cost for all products was $7.45
I estimate I can get 12 breakfasts out of these products
That's an average of $.62 for each meal!

And to think...we could easily pay $20 to go out to breakfast...

No comments:

Post a Comment