Monday, March 26, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe...How To Do It SUPER Cheap!


I get requests for the recipe for my Buffalo Chicken Dip every time I make it for a party.  Now, just posting a picture resulted in a request for the recipe.  You can all thank Paula for the info.  For all my fellow Coupon Maineiacs, I will add in tips on how to save money on all of the ingredients!


Four chicken breasts, boiled and chopped
I always stock up on chicken breasts when Shaw's has them BOGO which they happened to a couple of weeks ago.  I used five from this particular package with the Kraft Fresh Takes and the last two for a half-sized version of this recipe!

Two blocks of cream cheese

I bought these during the Kraft Catalina.  My first time with that promotion I earned a $3 Catalina by buying four of the Kraft Fresh Takes, which I used with a manufacturer's Q from the Cat machine at Shaw's for $1.50 off 3 Kraft Philly Cream Cheeses!

8 ounces of blue cheese dressing 

FREE wishbone thanks to the $2 Hannaford coupon and today's adventure

8 ounces of shredded cheddar/jack cheese

my Essentials at Hannaford is priced at $2.69, which of course means I got a bag for only $.69!

Frank's Red Hot Sauce, as much as you like (I usually use one small bottle)

This was FREE at Shaw's using a recent $.75/1 coupon (expired, but this is the reason why I stock up when there's a great coupon like that one)

Crockpot option:
Melt cream cheese, add dressing, frank's and cheese
When all combined, add chicken and keep warm

Baked option:
Start with chicken
Chop cream cheese into 1-inch slices and spread around
pour dressing and frank's over
Bake at 350, stirring a few times to combine
Once everything is melted, sprinkle cheese on top
Bake until cheese is melted

Serve with tortilla chips or veggies...enjoy!!!

Of course, the chips I used tonight were from today's amazing Tostito's BOGO deal!


Happy Snacking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment