Sunday, March 25, 2012

Shaw's Dollar Doublers: Day 1


Okay, I know what you're thinking, "it's not day one, it's day three".  Well, today was my first trip to Shaw's this week so it's day one for me!  


I went in with a plan, and it was shot to you-know-where for two reasons: no Uncle Ben's Rice :-( and no tear pads for the Tostitos BOGO deal.  The Uncle Ben's was what really put a wrench in the plan because that was $6 of my BDD (before Dollar Doublers) total so I had to get creative!


With hubby and two little guys long for the ride, here's what we got!


Texas Toast Croutons $1
Used $.50/1 from April All You Magazine, doubled
Final Cost FREE
This is also a great option for the Dollar Doublers with the $1/2 Coupon from the 1/29 SmartSource, but they expire today, so hurry!!!


4 Special K Granola Bars $2.50 each
Used 4 $.75/1 Special K Granola Bars Facebook Coupons, doubled
Final Cost $4, only $1 each
Plus, this put me over the top on the spend $20 get $5 SavingStar promotion!!!


4 Mueller's Pastas $1.29 each
Used 4 $.55/1 Mueller's Pasta Coupons, all doubled :-)
Final Cost $.76, only $.19 each


Ziploc Gallon Storage Bags $3.69 
Used $.70/1 Ziploc Bag Coupon, doubled (watch the video for the higher value)
Final Cost $2.29



4 Smartfood Popcorn BOGO at $3.99 each
Used 2 $1/2 peelies on the bags
Cost BDD $5.98 for all four

2 Wheat Thins Bold Flavors $2.50 each
Cost BDD $3 for both

Total cost after manufacturer's coupons was $16.18
I had a $1 Catalina from my Free Chex Mix deal which brought my total down to $15.18
I used 4 Dollar Doublers for a final cost of $11.18
That's a savings of 76%!!!

If you follow the rule of a $15 minimum purchase after all other coupons and discounts, but before the Dollar Doublers, the lowest your total could possibly be is $11...I didn't do too bad!

Now, I must prepare for tomorrow's plan!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment