Monday, March 19, 2012

*FREE* Chex Mix at the Windham Shaw's!!!


It is so rare for the great coupon rumors to come true at my Shaw's, but tonight was the exception!  I was heading out tonight to score another deal as part of my Hannaford Challenge and noticed several other blogs reporting special 5.5 ounce size bags of Chex Mix at their local Shaw's stores for only $1 each!  After using one of the MANY $.50/1 printable coupons which will double, these would all be free!  


I always print Chex Mix coupons when the come out because Shaw's does tend to have great deals on them, usually as part of their General Mills promotions.  The full size bags are regularly priced at $2.99 each, and when they are reduced to $1.88 for a GM promotion, you get a great deal at $.88 a bag.  


I started my search tonight in the typical snack areas, and had no luck.  As I was about to give up, I saw Rick, the Assistant Store Director walking towards me.  The funny part is, I had never met him before!  I filled out a customer service survey once and he replied.  I was shocked to find out that there was a manager at my Shaw's who I didn't already know.  Well, I am so glad he was there tonight!  I mentioned why I was in, and a light bulb went off. He said there was a small display of Chex Mix that he was just told to set up today!  Off we went to the wine department of all places where we found this display:




Notice something missing???  The price!  I told Rick that other displays being shown online have a green label on the front indicating they are a special purchase item for only $1.  He immediately went in search of a sign, but in the mean time, I scooped up four bags for FREE!  On top of that, I earned a $1 Catalina.  Now that's what I call a Money Maker!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment