Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hannaford Challenge: Day 3


Had I known the $2 Hannaford Coupons were going to be extended another week (YAY!) I may have used a different strategy with yesterday's trip.  Oh well, I will take another week of this fun any day!  I made two stops on my way home yesterday, and here's how I saved:


Stop #1:


4 Ziploc Sandwich Bags 50-count, priced at $2.49 each
Used 2 $1/2 Ziploc Bags Coupons from the 3/4 SmartSource
And a $2 Hannaford Store Coupon
Final Cost $6.29 (with tax)
Plus, I earned a $2 Catalina for purchasing 4 Ziploc Products!


Stop #2:


Hannaford Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, $3.19
myEssentials Sour Cream $.99
Used $2 Hannaford Coupon
and $2 Catalina from first transaction
Final Cost $.18


In all, I got $14.14 worth of products for a total of $6.47 OOP, a savings of 54%.  This trip wasn't about freebies, it was about using these great coupons to get something I otherwise have a hard time spending money on.  Ziploc coupons don't tend to be very high value, nor do they go on sale often.  This was my chance to get a deal on an otherwise difficult product to get a deal on!

No comments:

Post a Comment